I am an undergraduate student pursuing Computer Science and Business Administration at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia. During my time at W&L, I have worked as a Summer Research Scholar and as a STEM IT assistant as part of my work-study program. I am very hard-working, dedicated, focused, intelligent, and driven. I secured a full-ride scholarship to attend W&L.
Student & Programmer.
- Languages English, Nepali, Hindi, Sherpa
- Interest Machine Learning, Software Depelopment, and Business analysis
- Website: lakpafinjusherpa.com
- Looking For: Internship
- Email: email@example.com
I attended the last two years of high school at Pearson College UWC in British Columbia, Canada with a full-ride scholarship. I shared my two years with international students from around the world, broadening my academic knowledge and understanding of different cultures and practices. During my time at Pearson, I led a Computer Science club, worked as an IT assistant, worked as a Summer Camp leader, rode 450 km on a Bike in a week across Kootenay Pass, and organized Asia-pacific and South Asia regional programs to represent the culture from Nepal.
I am always looking for opportunities to learn, grow, and work with people who are passionate about what they are doing.
I am an active learner. I like to learn new skills, new tools, and new subject matters. Below is a subset of skills I possess which I think are relevant to present.
You can Find my latest Resume here: latest CV
Bachelor of Science
Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia
Pearson College UWC, Victoria, BC, Canada
STEM IT Assistant
2021 - Present
Washington and Lee University, Computer Science Department, Lexington, Virginia, US
- Assemble Computer hardware for various science projects and image newly purchased computers regularly
- Installed patch files for log4j vulnerability on different lab machines to prevent remote security threat
- Used Deep Freeze software to freeze computers across the STEM departments after the installation of new software
- Installed software such as R Studio, Microsoft Office package, and PASCO Capstone to meet the needs of different departments
- Benchmarked more than 70+ computers hardware for reuse purpose
Summer Research Scholar
Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, US
- Implemented features from research papers to distinguish Bot sessions and User sessions in log session files with intention to reduce 30% of unnecessary bot traffics that every website faces today
- Created models using R and Python to perform clustering of the web sessions
- Implemented unsupervised machine learning algorithms such as DBSCAN and K-means to perform clustering
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of WEKA and used it for testing various classifiers on our research data and feature selection on more than 20+ features
- Created generic R scripts for performing statistical analysis such as script to produce Recall and Precision box plot, Jaccard Index, T-test, number of clusters in DBSCAN, and Purities
- Learned Git and Version Control by collaborating with two professors and resolving git issues such as fast-forward, merging conflicts, stashing files, and restoring the deleted files in the local repository
Summer Camp Leader
Pearson College UWC, Victoria, Canada
- Organized cultural activities from Nepal, Ukraine, South Sudan, Peru, and Canada for 500+ children of age 6-14
- Led computer assembling and disassembling workshop with reusable PC for children ages 12-14 to help them discover if they enjoy playing with computer hardware
- Administered children’s safety during kayaking, swimming, and outdoor activities
- Identified conflicts related to bullying, discrimination, and physical contact between children and resolved them based on Camp policies
I am currently pursuing undergraduate degree at Washinton and Lee University. You can reach me via email.
204 W Washington Street, Lexington, Virginia